Quarter 3 (July- September) 2022 for Wales
A quarterly release that presents data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
- 123,015 certificates were awarded in quarter 3 of 2022. This is a 3.6% decrease compared to the same quarter in 2021.
- Between October 2021 and September 2022, 242,780 certificates were awarded, an increase of 1.2% compared to the previous year.
- Between Q3 2021 and Q3 2022 eight of the fifteen sectors saw a decrease in certificates. The largest decrease in certificates was in Preparation for Life and Work
- Between Q3 2021 and Q3 2022 five of the ten levels saw a decrease in certificates and no certificates were awarded at level 8. Level 3 saw the largest decrease in the number of certificates.
- The statistics in this release are likely to have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Historic figures (quarter 2 of 2022) may differ to previous releases due to updated data from an awarding body.
- This release no longer includes Welsh Baccalaureate or Skills Challenge Certificate qualifications. More information on this change can be found in the background notes, as well as information on how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected these statistics.
Tel: 01633 373 250
Tel: 01633 373 222