Vocational and Other Qualifications Quarterly: Quarter 4 (October- December) 2022 for Wales
A quarterly release that presents data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
- 38,835 certificates were awarded in quarter 4 of 2022. This is a 1.9% increase compared to the same quarter in 2021.
- Between January 2022 and December 2022, 243,660 certificates were awarded, an increase of 0.6% compared to the previous year
- Between Q4 2021 and Q4 2022 eight of the fifteen sectors saw an increase in certificates. The largest increase in the number of certificates was in Health, Public Services and Care.
- Between Q4 2021 and Q4 2022 three of the ten levels saw an increase in certificates and no certificates were awarded at level 8. Level 2 saw the largest increase in the number of certificates.
- The statistics in this release are likely to have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Historic figures (quarter 3 of 2022) may differ to previous releases due to updated data from an awarding body.
- This release no longer includes Welsh Baccalaureate or Skills Challenge Certificate qualifications. More information on this change can be found in the background notes, as well as information on how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected these statistics.
Tel: 01633 373 250
Tel: 01633 373 222