Vocational and Other Qualifications Quarterly: April - June 2022
A quarterly release presenting data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
- The statistics in this release are likely to have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Historic figures (from quarter 3 of 2018 to quarter 1 of 2022) may differ to previous releases due to updated data from an awarding body.
- This release no longer includes Welsh Baccalaureate or Skills Challenge Certificate qualifications. More information on this change can be found in the background notes, as well as information on how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected these statistics.
- 48,155 certificates were awarded in quarter 2 of 2022. This is a 6.7% decrease compared to the same quarter in 2021.
- Between July 2021 and June 2022, 247,420 certificates were awarded, an increase of 3.3% compared to the previous year.
- Between Q2 2021 and Q2 2022 nine of the fifteen sectors saw a decrease in certificates. The largest decrease was in Preparation for Life and Work.
- Between Q2 2021 and Q2 2022 five of the ten levels saw a decrease in certificates and no certificates awarded at level 8. Level 2 saw the largest decrease in the number of certificates.
Tel: 01633 373 250
Tel: 01633 373 222