Vocational and Other Qualifications Quarterly: January - March 2022
A quarterly release presenting data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
- The statistics in this release are likely to have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- This release no longer includes Welsh Baccalaureate or Skills Challenge Certificate qualifications. More information on this change can be found in the background notes, as well as information on how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected these statistics.
- 33,490 certificates were awarded in quarter 1 of 2022. This is a 35.0% increase compared to the same quarter in 2021.
- Between April 2021 and March 2022, 250,625 certificates were awarded, an increase of 20.5% compared to the previous year.
- Between Q1 2021 and Q1 2022 ten of the fifteen sectors saw an increase in certificates. The largest increase was in Health, Public Services and Care.
- Between Q1 2021 and Q1 2022 seven of the ten levels saw an increase in certificates. Level 2 saw the largest increase in terms of number of certificates.
Tel: 01633 373 250
Tel: 01633 373 222