Vocational and Other Qualifications Quarterly: Quarter 1 (January – March) 2020 for Wales
A quarterly release that presents data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
Release Date: Tuesday 23 June, 2020
Period covered: January - March 2020
Next Update: September (Provisional)
- 45,155 certificates were awarded between January and March of 2020. This is an 10.7% decrease compared to the same quarter in 2019, when there were 50,550 certifications.
- Between April 2019 and March 2020 there were 373,760 certifications, a decrease of 9.1% compared to 411,075 between April 2018 and March 2019.
- These decreases are in line with a continuing decreasing trend seen over the last five years.
- Despite decreases in both quarterly and annual certificates, levels 2 and 3 continue to be the most-awarded levels of qualification, accounting for 72.2% of all certificates in this quarter, compared to 69.6% in 2019 Q1.
- The ‘Agriculture, Horticulture and Animal Care’ (202.9%) and ‘Arts, Media and Publishing’ (35.2%) sectors saw the largest proportional increases in quarterly certificates. The largest proportional decreases were seen in the ‘Leisure, Travel and Tourism’ (40.4%) and ‘Preparation for Life and Work’ (22.8%) sectors.
Tel: 01633 373 292
Tel: 01633 373 216