Vocational and Other Qualifications Quarterly: Quarter 3 (July - September) 2020 for Wales
A quarterly release that presents data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
Release Date: Thursday 26 November, 2020
Period covered: July – September 2020
Next Update: February (Provisional)
- The statistics in this release are likely to have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 198,870 certificates were awarded between July and September of 2020. This is a 7.6% decrease compared to the same quarter in 2019, when there were 215,110 certifications.
- Between October 2019 and September 2020 there were 316,055 certifications, a decrease of 18.1% compared to 386,065 between October 2018 and September 2019
- Levels 1/2, 2 and 3 were the most certificated levels in 2020 Q3, accounting for 84.4% of the total number of certificates for the quarter. All levels except Level 1/2 saw both a quarterly and annual decrease in the number of certificates awarded.
- The ‘Languages, Literature and Culture’ sector saw the largest quarterly decrease in certificates, with a decrease of 59.5% in 2020 Q3 compared with 2019 Q3. The sector with the largest proportional increase was ‘History, Philosophy and Theology’ which saw a quarterly increase of 264.8%, or around 190 certificates. The second largest increase of 40.6% was seen in ‘Science and Mathematics’.
Tel: 01633 373 292
Tel: 01633 373 216