Vocational and Other Qualifications Quarterly: Quarter 1 (January - March) 2021 for Wales
A quarterly release that presents data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
Release Date: Thursday 10 June, 2021
Period covered: January – March 2021
Next Update: September (Provisional)
- The statistics in this release are likely to have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- This release no longer includes Welsh Baccalaureate or Skills Challenge Certificate qualifications. More information on this change can be found in the background notes, as well as information on how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected these statistics.
- 24,810 certificates were awarded in quarter 1 of 2021. This is a 45.2% decrease compared to the same quarter in 2020.
- Between April 2020 and March 2021, 207,140 certificates were awarded, a decrease of 30.6% compared to the previous year
- All sectors saw a decrease in certificates except Education and Training, with the largest percentage decrease in Arts Media and Publishing.
- The number of certificates awarded decreased for all levels except Level 1/2, Level 4 and Level 6 which saw small increases. Level 2 saw the largest decrease in terms of number of certificates.
Tel: 01633 373250
Tel: 01633 373 216