Vocational and Other Qualifications Quarterly: Quarter 2 (April – June) 2020 for Wales
A quarterly release that presents data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
Release Date: Friday 18 September, 2020
Period covered: April – June 2020
Next Update: November (Provisional)
- 20,075 certificates were awarded between April and June of 2020. This is a 67.4% decrease compared to the same quarter in 2019, when there were 61,610 certifications.
- Between July 2019 and June 2020 there were 332,225 certifications, a decrease of 14.2% compared to 387,265 between July 2018 and June 2019.
- These decreases are likely to have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Despite decreases in both quarterly and annual certificates, levels 2 and 3 continue to be the most-awarded levels of qualification, accounting for 60.8% of all certificates in this quarter, compared to 67.2% in 2019 Q2.
- The ‘Arts, Media and Publishing’ sector saw the largest quarterly decrease in certificates, with a decrease of 92.3% in 2020 Q2 compared with 2019 Q2. The only sector to see an increase was ‘Education and Training’ which saw an increase of 2.4% compared with 2019 Q2.
Tel: 01633 373 253
Tel: 01633 373 216