Privacy notice for consultation on arrangements for the Summer 2020 exam series
Any personal information that you provide as part of this consultation (such as your name, job title, contact details, place of work or location) will be processed under the legal basis of enabling us to fulfil our public task as the regulator for the qualification system in Wales and to exercise our official functions under the Qualifications Wales Act 2015. Qualifications Wales will be the “Data Controller” of this data.
Our purposes of retaining the personal data you provide are to fulfil the requirements of our consultation policy in support of our principal aims of:
- ensuring that qualifications, and the Welsh qualification system, are effective for meeting the reasonable needs of learners in Wales;
- promoting public confidence in qualifications and in the Welsh qualification system.
Freedom of Information
Please note that as a public body, all written information that we hold is subject to Freedom of Information requests. We will comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR when considering requests made under the Freedom of Information Act.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information Qualifications Wales holds about you
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data
- to object to processing
Upon request, we can erase personal data including any contact or personal details given in completing the questionnaire and any personal details included in the text of your responses.
To learn more about these rights please see the ICO website.
Please address any such requests to the
Data Protection Officer
Q2 Building, Pencarn Lane,
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
Information Commissioner's Office