Privacy notice - Wider Offer - Learner Engagement
As part of this Learner engagement activity, we will be keeping some information on your consent forms that identifies you such as your name, age and the name of your school, college or education provider and name of your parent/carer. This is necessary for us to keep appropriate records of your consent to take part in the activity.
We undertake this activity and keep this information to support our principal aims of:
- Ensuring that qualifications, and the qualification system, are effective in meeting the reasonable needs of learners
- Promoting public confidence in qualifications and the qualifications system in Wales.
Your personal information will only be kept for the purposes above. It will be kept securely for 12 months after the activity.
Freedom of Information
Please note that as a public body, all written information that we hold is subject to Freedom of Information requests. We will comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR when considering requests made under the Freedom of Information Act.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information Qualifications Wales holds about you
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data
- to object to processing
To learn more about these rights please see the ICO website.
Please address any such requests to the
QW Data Protection Officer
Q2 Building, Pencarn Lane,
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745