Competitive Welsh Language Support Grant
Timeline for the competitive Welsh Language Support Grant
Please Note: The application deadline for the Welsh Language Support Grant is Thursday 14 April 2022.
Please note that while we encourage applicants to consider whether they are able to complete all of the activities applied for within financial year 22/23, we will consider applications for medium and longer-term programmes of work that may involve incremental developments that go beyond a one-year cycle.
We reserve the right to accept applications outside of the application window, however this will be subject to funding availability so we recommend that applications are submitted by the deadline.
If you would like to discuss this with us further please contact us at email@example.com
Claim Period(s) –
Qualifications Wales will agree claim windows based on the timeline received from the awarding body during the application process. Claimants will be encouraged to submit claims throughout the financial year.
Our overarching priority for the competitive Welsh Language Support Grant is to support qualifications designed:
- for use by learners aged 14-19 on full-time funded programmes of learning and/or
- to be used on publicly funded apprenticeships.
We anticipate using the majority of our available funding for qualifications that fall within this Overarching Priority, however, applications are welcome for qualifications that do not fall within this priority.
In our view it is better for qualifications to be made available for learners in both Welsh and English from the point of first teaching. Within the Overarching Priority, we will therefore further prioritise applications in the following order:
- Category 1: New qualifications which have been designed for first teaching from September 2022 or 2023 (these may or may not replace existing qualifications) and/or qualifications which have been identified as a priority by Qualifications Wales activities.
- Category 2: Qualifications which are being updated for teaching from September 2022 or 2023.
- Category 3: Qualifications which have been recently updated or reviewed.
- Category 4: Older qualifications and/or qualifications with a limited lifespan remaining.
To note: The qualifications operational end date must be three years from the award of grant funding. Where an awarding body wishes to apply for funding for qualifications which sit in more than one category above, we require a separate application form for each category. We also require a separate application for qualifications which are outside of our Overarching Priority.
If you have any questions on the grant application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org