Cynnig Cymraeg: Delivering the Active Offer in the qualification system
A resource pack to support awarding bodies to deliver the Active Offer
This resource pack was commissioned by Qualifications Wales and created by IAITH: The Welsh centre for language planning. The pack aims to support all recognised awarding bodies in delivering the Welsh Offer (“y Cynnig Cymraeg”), and to do so proactively. In this pack, we refer to this as the Active Offer.
- an introduction to the Active Offer – What is it? Why do we need it in the qualification system? What are its benefits for you and learners?
- ways in which you can overcome challenges associated with making Welsh-medium and bilingual qualifications available and encouraging uptake
- benefits of delivering the Active Offer for you
- the Active Offer in practice – how the Active Offer is already being delivered
- ideas and practical steps you can take to deliver the Active offer
- useful links to additional resources, support and guidance.
There are also three learner profiles that demonstrate the extent to which the Active Offer is delivered can impact on a learner’s experience when taking a qualification.
It is designed to be a dip-in, dip-out resource, allowing you to access information that best suits your needs.
Use the links below to navigate to each section as you wish.