Annual Report 2022
Welcome to our seventh Annual Report which describes our work from September 2021 to August 2022.
The reporting period of the academic year 2021-2022 was one of continuing challenges for the education system, due to the Covid-19 pandemic’s impact both on the stability of the system and on learners’ ability to engage with learning.
The annual report highlights some of Qualifications Wales’ work during this time including how it has:
- monitored and oversaw the secure delivery of the first exam series for three years;
- prepared for its largest ever consultation, to reform GCSEs in Wales;
- began work to identify what other qualifications should be available as part of a coherent, inclusive offer for those aged 14-16 to support the Curriculum for Wales;
- continued to monitor new Made-for-Wales vocational qualifications in Health and Social Care, and Construction and the Built Environment;
- produced new resources to support awarding bodies to improve the availability of Welsh-medium qualifications;
- commissioned a new Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales qualification which will begin to be taught from 2023.